Sunday, October 28, 2007

Time Machine

"If I only had a time machine, what changes I would make
If I could slow down the rushing winds of time
If I could control the clock's tick-tocking
If I could tell the future to slow it down
Tell the past to change itself
Tell the present to just hold on
If I only had a time machine"
-Matt Mitchell


So I leave for Australia in seventy days. That's not a lot of time. That's a little under two and a half months. What can be done in two and a half months? Let's make a little list:

...

...

Not much, I guess.

Not much at all. This seems to be the problem, not much can be done. There is still so much to do though, so where does this leave me? Frustrated and afraid. I should say that that's where it would tend to leave me, but I refuse to be left in a place like that, not all too friendly a place to be left at all! So, after being left there I decided to move. I would move from frustration and fear to faith and confidence. Hmmm, yes, faith and confidence is a much nicer place to be left, looking around it seems much more pleasant. There is less darkness here, it is sunnier and brighter, and it smells better too (gotta love metaphors).

Here are things still left to do:

Obtain passport
Schedule doctors appointments
Obtain student visa
Book plane ticket
Work out kinks and obtain student loan from OSAP
Have enough money (kind of an important one, eh?)
Dump cell phone contract
Get my G2
Pack
Leave
And I'm sure a bunch of other things I just can't be bothered to fathom and worry about right now.
-insert long, sad sigh here-
So yes. Yes, yes yes.
I believe that God is good. I believe he is eternally and endlessly faithful and will see this through and make a way.
Some good news, breaks of sunshine on the horizon:

I got a new job starting a couple weeks making a significantly better wage.
Someone from my parents' church told me that she would give me some money.

Awesome things that just show God's great grace, mercy, favour, and faithfulness.
I believe in miracles! And it's not because of some sexy thing, just in case you were wondering, it's because God is God. Just thought I'd make that clear. Good!

Okay, so, I don't know if anyone reads these, but if you've gotten this far, congratulations and thank you! Please pray for me, and help me. Please help me. I love you!

Shalom!

No comments: