Friday, July 6, 2007

Relaxation, I Visit You Again!

Well, tomorrow aft I leave for a week of relaxation. Every year, for the past seven, we have gotten together with much of my Mom's family and all squeezed into a cottage up in Muskoka. It has grown into a family tradition, and a highpoint of the summer for all us Lingard spawned families (gosh that sounds weird, "Lingard spawned").
It will be good. I am purposely using this week to let go of the stress I've been carrying recently. My concerns about work, Australia, church, home, and all things in my life are being put aside. The only thing I'm going to worry about is not getting a sunburn, and trying to get along with certain family members.
I really feel that this also is a time for me to spend some great intimate time with God. I feel that he's been saying, "Take this week and spend time with me. Use it to reconnect and go deeper, to spend a week with me. You won't have any schedules or commitments or activities to stop you, to put priority in over me, so press into me."
It will be nice just pushing a boat out and going into the middle of the lake, and spend some alone time in this nature just praying and talking to God. Nothing to distract me. Take a canoe out onto the lake, and take a look around at God's creation, at the glorious nature he's created for us. I just got a nice new little bible, I left my old one at the wedding hall from when I read at my friends Johnny and Elaina's wedding. I also have the Message, which is good for reading and getting another perspective on the verses from. I have a couple cool books from TACF to read for church, so lots of things to read about God and things to learn from for my walk with him. I will probably not get to spend as much time with God as I plan, nothing ever works out as planned, but I will have more opportunities to, and I plan to use them more than I have been recently, and more than I could if I was here in Toronto, working out life and necessities. I am so looking forward to it!
Also, my Aunt and three gorgeous little cousins are here from Alberta for the week! The girls are so much bigger and older than the last time I saw them. Hope is 10, Mally is 6, and Ella is 3. I saw them last about 2 years ago, and a year ago before that. Kids grow up so quickly!
So yes, there are many great things to look forward to for the week, and I am. It will be fun. I will miss all my friends here in Toronto, and I will not be able to check email, or facebook (aaaaah!), or anything like that until next Saturday. But this is good! I'm not even bringing my laptop to play with! Computers and internet, consider yourself one week forsaken!
Take care 'til then, and God Bless, may this time away from me bring us closer as the saying goes! haha!
I will post a blog after the cottage, I will have much to say and report!
Ta!

No comments: