Friday, September 28, 2007

Stopping Over Across The Pond

So, I've been meeting a bunch of cool people on facebook who are also going to Hillsong College in January.  One particular person whom I've been talking with most is a young man from Winchester, England named Tim Vaine.  Tim and I have much in common and have good, funny, strange, and ever interesting chats!  One of the cheapest options for me to fly to Sydney is to stop over in Jolly Old London.  I mentioned this to him and discussed perhaps visiting for a couple days (he's not far outside of London), and we've been making plans since!
It's going to be a lot of fun, and from the sounds of it, I will be doing a lot of eating!  Real English fish and chips, an all you can eat Pizza Hut dinner apparently, and what Tim says is the best Chinese food outside of China (though he's never been to China, so when we stop there, we'll see).  
We decided to do a two day trip where he will show me around his town of Winchester, and then we head for London early the next day for fun around town.  The next day we leave for Sydney together!  
Our flight plan to Sydney includes a one and a half hour stop in Hong Kong, so hopefully we'll be able to roam the airport and listen in on lots of Chinese conversations!  Who knows!?

I'm still waiting on the funds in some ways, but I'm hoping to book my ticket by halfway through October, we'll say the 15th!
On that note, I've sent a document to Hillsong that the government requires to be filled out by the educational institution before giving me money and I am hoping that they've filled it out already and have sent it to them!  I guess I will find out soon.  
I hope I will.

I think that's it, so cheers and such!

No comments: