Monday, June 9, 2008

Mini-Jumbo

My Dad bought a "mini seedless watermelon" yesterday, and it caused me to think about something.

Our society is obsessed with changing things. We feel the need to make things that are big, like watermelons, "mini, and things that are small, like berries, "jumbo". Why can't we just be content and let nature do what it's supposed to? God designed these things to be how they are, let's just be content. Of course, it could be argued that our obsession with change comes from our own insecurities about ourselves and our lack of a solid identity in who we are and why we are. As a son of God, adopted by the blood of Jesus unto the Father, and filled with the Holy Spirit, I know my identity, and I'm secure in it. Do I still have things I want to change about myself? Yes, but my motive is to be the best I can to best live out the life God has for me and best reflect who HE is. The world seeks to change and "improve" themselves to look and feel and appear to be what everyone around them tells them to.

I love Jesus.


-Matt

No comments: