Monday, May 14, 2007

Apparently it's hot in here. No? So you say it's me then?

Ever have a moment where God decides he wants to make you feel special, and does?
Recently I have started attending a young adult church called TACF Central (whoop whoop). I've been going for the past four Sunday nights, and have really been enjoying it. I've met some crazy characters and just some great, Godly, down-to-earth people. One of these people, whom shall remain nameless, came up to me last night during worship. He came and gave me a little side-hug. I said "hey, what's up?"
"Nothing, I just wanted to come over and bless you, if that's okay."
"Sure," I said, figuring he meant "I just wanted to come over and say hi with a side-hug."
I was wrong. "Sure, go right ahead I said."
And he started to pray. He was speaking into me that he saw me on fire for God, a man on fire in that very place. Now, I'm not exactly small or hard to find, and I was standing kinda at the back, not hard to see. But I thought it was really cool that he had looked around and saw me like that. Back to the prayer.
"Yeah," he said, "I just see you as a man on fire, and you're going to go out and change the city. You're going to go out and set this city on fire for God."
And then he went on, in traditional TACF style, to "light me".
"I light you right now, I light you!" he says.
Now, I forget to mention that coming into TACF this night, I felt a little discouraged, just lies trying to get me down. But after this awesome man of God prayed for me, I feel confidence just rise up and glow in me. Thank you sir!

It's crazy sometimes how God will use people to "light you".
I think I will continue to go to Central... maybe I will see YOU there!

No comments: