Thursday, May 17, 2007

Would you keep me warm tonight? And I mean that in a purely platonic way...

"You must encourage one another each day.
And you must keep on while there is still a time that can be called "today." If you don't, then sin may fool some of you and make you stubborn. We were sure about Christ when we first became his people. So let's hold tightly to our faith until the end."
Hebrews 3:13-14 (Contemporary English Version)

This is one of my favourite bible verses. I love this translation too. I searched through probably about ten, and I like this one best.
If you know me well, you'll know that one big thing with me is fellowship. Brotherhood (or sisterhood) and fellowship are, in my opinion, key to the Kingdom of God. The Bible says that Moses and God talked as friends (Exodus 33:11)!
I believe that the church cannot hope to see miracles, salvations, revival, growth, etc., until we band together and love each other. Until we are able to unite as one, within every church, and as a church in whole, this dark world will not be lit. How can one candle, one flashlight, one lamp, light a city? One light has a hard enough time lighting just one house!
But, a network of lights, a city set a blaze by a series of connected streetlights lightens the dark so the stars themselves become jealous! Ever hear of light pollution?! Oh that the church could be light pollution in the spiritual realm! My heart aches for unity for the Kingdom of Heaven! Just like my blog the other night about being light applies to the individual's spiritual walk, tonight I plead to not the individual, but the collective to shine!

"Two are better than one, because they have a good [more satisfying] reward for their labor; For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up!
Again, if two lie down together, then they have warmth; but how can one be warm alone?
And though a man might prevail against him who is alone, two will withstand him. A threefold cord is not quickly broken."
Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 (Amplified Version)


Ever notice that a movie is more entertaining when you watch it with someone else? Life is better with others! We're social creatures! We're meant to be together! (Genesis 2:18)  And we're meant to join together to build the kingdom of God!
Can I just encourage you reader to do one little thing more than you're doing now? Even if it's just calling someone from you church once this week to say, "Hi, I was just thinking about you and wanted to say hey and see how you were doing!"
These are the kind of things that help to strengthen us as a body and from there we can go and show the world how it's done!
The Bible says that the world will know us by our love for each other (John 13:35). So love love love love love!

"Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves."
Romans 12:10 (NIV)

No comments: